St. Francis Center provides the homeless with warm meals and sack lunches six days a week through our served meal service and traditional holiday meals. Unique to the Center, however, is our commitment to treating our homeless guests with dignity, first by greeting them by name and then serving meals “restaurant style” at round tables in our dining room.
No registration or payment is needed to receive this service.
Meals are served:
- Monday 7:30 am-8:00 am
- Tuesday-Friday 7:30 am-9:00 am
- Saturday 8:30 am-10:00 am
If you are interested in volunteering to help serve meals to our guests please contact us: [email protected] or 213-747-5347.
During our shower program, the Center distributes clothing and hygiene kits, which include basic toiletries, clean underwear, socks, and towels.
Each guest must sign up for a time slot. Spaces are limited and are given on a first come-first serve basis.
Hygiene Services are available:
- Monday 7:30 am-2:30 pm
- Friday 9:30 am-10:30 am
- Saturday 6:00 am-8:00 am
- The first and third Monday of each month, from 7:30 am-12:30 pm, the Center also hosts a free mobile health clinic, where a doctor and nurse practitioner from Clínica Monseñor Oscar A. Romero offer general medical and dental services for the homeless.
- Every Thursday 7:30 am-12:30 pm, QueensCare Health and Faith Partnership provide free health promotion and disease-prevention activities, such as health education, and consultation, preventive screenings, and basic nursing care.
*Health service dates and times subject to change without notice*
SFC supports homeless guests through the provision of tools and connections necessary to successfully transition from homelessness and achieve and maintain stable housing. SFC’s Resource Services provide guests with comprehensive services including referrals for health care services, shelter for families and individuals, assistance obtaining IDs and either reduced or waived fee vouchers for DMV IDs for jobs and social security, and will now include case management for approximately 50 guests a year. SFC also provides its address for the homeless to use and maintains a mailbox for each individual. Guests involved with our resource services also have access to computers, phones, and voicemail.
Guests who would like to receive mail must register with the SFC Resource Department. Please contact Shane at [email protected] or 213-747-5347 x 105.
Mail pick up service is available:
- Monday 8:00 am-8:15 am
- Tuesday-Friday 9:00 am-9:15 am
- No mail Saturday & Sunday
SFC has aligned with Mayor Garcetti’s efforts to end veterans’ homelessness in Los Angeles. Specifically, we now extend the opportunity for veterans to utilize both our homeless served meal program and our Pantry Services making it easier to transition from homelessness.