Vision As a community of hope, St. Francis Center:
- Accepts people as they are;
- Builds community among those who serve and those who are served;
- Is valued as a vital, safe and highly sought-after community center;
- Provides a comprehensive referral network of health and social service agencies;
- Provides access to opportunities not typically available by economic and geographic limitations;
- Develops sufficient spiritual and material resources to ensure the long-term viability of the Center.
Beliefs St. Francis Center recognizes and believes:
- In the dignity of all persons;
- That adequate resources exist for basic necessities;
- That as members of the human race, we are called to support each other in any way we can;
- That the Catholic Faith, the teaching and example of Saint Francis of Assisi in particular, provide an especially powerful model for working with and among the poor.
Believing this, we are committed to:
- Working toward realizing each individual’s full human potential by facilitating the resolution of immediate needs and crises;
- Establishing within the Center an environment where all individuals have a real sense of being welcome;
- A dynamic helping process based on shared responsibility and ministry between those served and those serving;
- Being open to the needs of all people;
- Serving in the spirit and manner of Saint Francis of Assisi.
SFC is normally* open Monday-Friday 7am-3pm and Saturday 7am-1pm, we are closed on Sunday.
*(Hours are subject to change without notice. If you are planning a visit to the Center, please call 213.747.5347 to verify we are open.)
St. Francis Center is currently hiring! For a list of available positions, please visit idealist.org.
SFC’s services are open to all guests regardless of faith, race, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by law.