Hope Street’s first ever Homeless Connect Day was a huge success!
- 340 guests received a free brunch on site including coffee, pancakes, eggs, and bacon & hygiene kits
- 35 guests received showers, clean underwear and socks
- 35 guests received screenings from UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute
- 30 Los Angeles agencies provided homeless individuals and families with access to resources including housing, legal services, medical, case management, and even pet services
- 20 volunteers were #ServingHope and personally assisting guests in finding the proper resources for their needs
- 7 guests received emergency shelter relief from the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Helping the homeless find the right resources is an important part of ending the cycle of poverty for those in need. Many guests were given the chance to speak with legal counsel in order to clear up parking tickets and misdemeanor offenses that were hindering their progress.
We are so grateful to everyone involved in making this an event such a success!